Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today, or browse our current openings below, to find out about current volunteer and employment opportunities!
North Hastings Children's Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Early Childhood Educator
Posting Date: April 29/19
Full Time and Casual
We are currently looking to hire casual educators immediately and a full time educator starting June 17th, 2019. This position would be enhancing programs and covering absences from various North Hastings Children’s Services programs. Full Time position is for approx 35 to 40 hours per week and casual is a minimum of 8 hours per month. Pay is in accordance to the NHCS Salary Grid ( Probation rate is $19.87/hour plus eligible Wage Enhancement Grant hours $2/hour). Non-ECE’s would be paid at the Assistant Rate. Full Time positions eligible for benefits after 30 days.
*This position is supportive of those who are interested in enrolling in the Early Childhood Education diploma program and may qualify for the ECE Grant program
Ability to work between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Preference will be given to those who have an ECE Diploma or Degree and who are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
Must be able to obtain a clear recent Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and meet health requirements, have First Aid and CPR (infant and child) up-to-date, and provide three references.
NHCS reserves the right to limit the notice entitlement upon termination to the minimum standards of the Employment Standards Act.
Experience and Abilities;
Must have theoretical knowledge of the practice of early childhood education and is able to “plan and deliver inclusive play-based learning and care programs” for school age children.
Program creatively in a play-based, emergent environment, supportive of children and their families in compliance with the NHCS Program Statement and the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Demonstrate knowledge of the Ministry of Education pedagogical documents including “How Does Learning Happen” and “Think, Feel, Act”
Be flexible, show initiative, work well with teaching team and independently, adhering to centre policies.
Fundamental knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Child Care Early Years Act, College of ECE Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
Please forward resumes to North Hastings Children’s Services, 20 Hastings Heritage Way, Bancroft ON K0L 1C0 or email@example.com Attention: Jessica Anderson and identify the position being applied for. This position will remain open until the successful candidate is hired.
Posting Date: October 2, 2019
This position will be responsible for the office reception and administrative duties as well as handling duties for the Executive Director, assisting Coordinators and Finance Administration.
Reporting to: Executive Director
· Pay is in accordance to the NHCS Salary Grid. Starting wage $18.81 with benefits after 30 days.
· Hours worked will be 35 to 40 hrs per week
· Shifts will primarily be Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm with ocassional evenings and weekends as required.
· Receptionist responsibilities such as answering phones, responding to requests, customer service, directing calls, filing, record keeping, assistance with mailing, sorting, copying, faxing & scanning, etc.
· Keeping the office, parent and resource room in a presentable and inviting condition.
· Typing of various NHCS resources into electronic copies.
· Develop and maintain positive community relations by promotion of programs through social media, community boards and networking opportunities.
· Assisting Educators with documentation
· Fundraising and assist with special events
· Coordinating contractors and external clients
· Ordering office and program supplies
· Organizing Staff Socials and Milestone Celebrations
Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License and use of a personal vehicle for errands if necessary.
Must have a clear recent Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and meet health requirements
· NHCS reserves the right to limit the notice entitlement upon termination to the minimum standards of the Employment Standards Act.
Experience and Abilities:
Be flexible, show initiative, work well with teams and independently
Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Experience with Quickbooks an asset
Fundamental knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety legislation
Exceptional communication skills in verbal and written form
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Knowledge and proficiency with social media promotion strategies
Please forward all applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify in the subject line which position the application is for.
Join our Board of Directors!
Do you want to make a difference in our community? Do you have financial, fundraising or human resources experience?
Help provide leadership and direction for the services we provide to children and their families in North Hastings.
Email our Board Chair, Tina Doucet at email@example.com or our Executive Director, Jessica Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and application. Elections take place at our Annual General Meeting in April every year.