Interested in joining our team?
Contact us today, or browse our current openings below, to find out about current volunteer and employment opportunities!
North Hastings Children's Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Early Childhood Educator
We are currently looking to hire an educator starting immediately. This position will be covering a variety of vacations and absences in all of our programs including the Ontario Early Years Programs and Licensed Child Care Programs up to 40 hours per week. Pay is in accordance to the NHCS Salary Grid ($17.81 to $18.87/hr starting) and will receive the Ontario Wage Enhancement Grant for eligible hours ($2/hr).
- Ability to work full time on PA days, March Break, Winter Break and Summer.
- Preference will be given to those who have an ECE Diploma or Degree and who are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators. Interviews will be granted to those with Child and Youth Worker (CYW) diploma, Social Service Worker (SSW) diploma or diploma in related field with child care experience.
- Must be able to obtain a clear recent Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and meet health requirements, have First Aid and CPR (infant and child) up-to-date, and provide three references.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
- NHCS reserves the right to limit the notice entitlement upon termination to the minimum standards of the Employment Standards Act.
Experience and Abilities;
- Must have theoretical knowledge of the practice of early childhood education and is able to “plan and deliver inclusive play based learning and care programs”.
- Program creatively in a play-based, emergent environment, supportive of children and their families in compliance with the NHCS Program Statement and the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Ministry of Education pedagogical documents including “How Does Learning Happen” and “Think, Feel, Act”
- Be flexible, show initiative, work well with teaching team and independently, adhering to centre policies.Fundamental knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Child Care Early Years Act, College of ECE Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
North Hastings Children's Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please forward resume as soon as possible to North Hastings Children’s Services, 20 Hastings Heritage Way, Bancroft ON KOL 1C0 or email@example.com. Attention: Jessica Anderson and identify the position being applied for.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join our Board of Directors!
Do you want to make a difference in our community? Do you have financial, fundraising or human resources experience?
Help provide leadership and direction for the services we provide to children and their families in North Hastings.
Email our Board Chair, Tina Doucet at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Executive Director, Jessica Anderson at email@example.com for more information and application. Elections take place at our Annual General Meeting in April every year.