Come and enjoy a picnic and swim at Silent Lake!
Do you remember playing in the "Great Outdoors" as a kid? It was always fun to be outside with friends, whether talking, cycling, walking or playing games and sports.
What’s the Big Deal about Being Outside?
For starters, kids engage in more active play when they are outside, as opposed to inside. Active kids are healthy kids, and outdoor activities are especially healthy for them!
Among a wide range of benefits, outdoor play is vital, because it:
- Gives kids a chance to burn off energy
- Can be calming and allow kids to "recharge" their energy levels
- Helps kids learn to interact with and understand the natural world
- Offers a chance for more social interaction with peers
- Helps to develop their powers of observation and their assessment of risk
- Offers more opportunities for creativity and free play
- Helps to build a strong link between physical health and outdoor play, at a young age
Come join us every monday at a different park or place around our area!!